Thursday, January 23, 2014

Recently read

Here are a few links to interesting blog articles I read in the last couple of days.

On January 14th Gavin Plumley wrote in his blog ENTARTETE MUSIK about the connections between Beethoven, Mahler, and Shostakovich. I bookmarked this partly because of the class I am teaching next semester on symphonies of the 20th century.

Symphonic Connections


I already posted a link on Facebook to an interview with the Australian Composer Madeleine Cocolas by Dana Wen, which was published on I CARE IF YOU LISTEN, also on January 14. Ms. Cocolas is writing a composition every week due to reasons explained in the interview. There is a link to her music on Soundcloud, too. I have not decided what to think about this project, yet, but I like the music anyway.

5 questions to Madeleine Cocolas (composer) 


James Jordan is contemplating in his blog Musical America about the will of the composer and his influence on future performances, especially of stage works. In his posts he questions the value of comments of composers about their works in letters, theoretical papers and talks for the interpretation.

Want not



No comments:

Post a Comment